Lifescience is one of the most important and major branch of science, which deals with the study of the conplexitities of life and its different forms. Here are some biological facts which you may never have thought that they were so. Take a look :
• There are more bacteria in human mouth then there are people in the world.
• The largest muscle in human body is Gluteus Maximus.
• In an adult human 25% of the bones are in the feet.
• If human DNA uncoiled, it would stretch 10 million miles, that is from Earth to Pluto and back.
• If somebody would type 60 words per minute for 8 hours a day, then it would take him around 50 years to type Human Genome.
• Human brain weighs 3 pounds and comprises 16% of fat and it can generate around 23 watt of power when awake.
• There are 100 billion neurons in brain and that make only 10% of it.
• Heart beats so fast that it can squirt blood upto 30 feet.
• If human eye were a camera, it would be of 576 megapixels.
• Human brain produces as much data in 30 seconds as the NASA Hubble Space Telescope has produced in its entire lifetime.
• Average human gut contains 100 trillion bacteria making 1-3% of your body mass.
• We shiver in the cold because our body releases the exercise hormone called Irisin, which increases our body to turn fats into heat.
• Our blood travels an average distance of 19312 kilometers per day.
• A human heart beats about 35 million times a year.
• A human eye can distinguish upto 10 million different colours but we can’t remember them all.
• One square centimetre of skin has about a hundred sensors.
• Kangaroo can’t walk backwards.
• Koalas and humans have very indistinguishable fingerprints.
• Tiger Shark’s embryos fight each other in their mother’s womb and then the survivor is born.
• The heart of a shrimp is located in its head.
• A snail can sleep for 3 years.
• Elephants are the only mammal that cannot jump.
• It is possible to hypnotize a frog by placing it on its back and then gently stroking it stomach.
• About 3% of the ice in Antarctica glaciers is penguin’s urine.
Thanks for reading. Feel free to point out the mistakes. If you know any Life science facts, please mention in comment section.